WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO LOSE IN ORDER TO GAIN?
As we prepare to embark on the new year, it is much BIGGER than one we have encountered most recently, as it is also the beginning of a new DECADE. Every year, many of us make a conscious effort to "make plans or set new goals to accomplish in the new year as well as decide on things we want to "get rid of or leave behind" With these changes in mind, it is important to set realistic goals surrounding our own realities. Most say a SMART goal is a great goal as it is Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. The R in these goals are one of the things we must take head to in 2020. Its not that any goal is not attainable, as each individual being is capable of achieving whatever he or she desires. However, the REALITY is... if you don't create a realistic plan for yourself to reach the goals, then it is less likely for them to occur... and you'll end up in 2021 with the same goal that you are "hopeful" for today. The purpose of this BLOG is to assist us in being INTENTIONAL AND REAL with ourselves and our goals in the new decade. It is not just enough to HOPE AND PRAY for our goals to occur, we have to be more engaged in the creation of our goals and seeing them through. WE MUST BE WILLING TO BLOCK OUT THOSE THINGS THAT TEND TO CAUSE OUR VISION TO BE UNCLEAR so that we can travel our journey with tunnel vision (where all we see is the goal at the end of the tunnel) Below you will find 10 TIPS to change a blurred vision into a CLEAR AND CONCISE ONE:
1. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND WHAT YOU SEEK TO ACCOMPLISH (write one positive affirmation to yourself every day in January 2020 using "I Will" statements (i.e. "I will become a CEO of The Imprint, LLC changing our lives through impact").
2. BULLET POINT YOUR TOP 3 GOALS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE (no more than 3 at a time we don't want you to become overwhelmed during this transition phase:))
3. CREATE A Monthly to-do list that focuses primarily on the goals (the to-do list must have specific small steps to take with check marks alongside to capture that you have been adamant about completing each step. it always feels amazing when you can cross things off your list as completed!).
3. SET CLEAR TIME FRAMES TO REACH the small necessities in order to achieve the long-term goal. (i.e. if the goal is to find a new job, the time frame for it could be 6 months with the small necessity being - "apply to 3 jobs daily for the month of April").
5. BE INTENTIONAL about completing the tasks on your monthly to-do list (NO DISTRACTIONS).
6. BEGIN TO IDENTIFY your circle and the energy it brings (make a conscious effort to remove any bad energy or individuals who you feel are pulling you further away from your goals).
7. DURING THE TIMEFRAME OF YOUR GOAL SET DATE- ELIMINATE TWO things that tend to distract you from being productive... uh-oh (you know the things that just came to mind when you read that distraction word, maybe you wont be going out this month or shopping less, or simply spending more time with yourself and your goals).
8. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND WHAT YOU SEEK TO ACCOMPLISH (NO error here this is one of the most challenging goals but once you tackle this one. The rest become slight-work!!).
9. STAY PRAYED UP!! (whoever you pray to, continue to stay encouraged! put out into the universe what you seek to receive!).
10. STAY THE COURSE, THROUGH THE SETBACKS, fears, doubt, and naysayers, ALWAYS LOOK BACK AT THE POSTIVE AFFIRMATIONS that show you that YOU WILL!
** WE ARE HAPPY TO SHARE THE TOOLS THAT PLAYED A PIVOTAL ROLE IN THE REALITY OF THE IMPRINT, LLC BECOMING AN ORGANIZATION & WE HOPE THESE TOOLS WILL HELP YOUR DREAMS BECOME A REALITY AS WELL**
Thank you for taking the time to review this blog, feel free to leave your feedback /testaments throughout the month letting us know how our tips were able to inspire and impact your goal setting experience. Stay tuned for a NEW blog FEB 2020 that will tackle the STIGMA BEHIND MENTAL HEALTH.